Conversations in English language.

In this subforum english speakers may exchange infirmation about schizophrenia.

Moderator: Darius

-TMOVE_BUTT AMOVE_BUTT SMOVE_BUTT
unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Re: Conversations in English language.

Postby unreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 pm

This hasn't any connection with Hindu holiday. It's a term for specific time when occult powers are the most powerful. 8)

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Like I said, I was just guessing. Could you explain what kind of occult, and is it described as something good or bad?
Personally I'm interested in moon, as it has some connection to the world of plants and animals. That's why I connected moon phases with the term "dark fortnight".

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

This kind of occult powers derived from Kali. She is very helpful and powerful for her followers. With each of every kind occult powers you can do bad or good things (apparently ;) )

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Name Kali comes from "kāla" which means black. Goddes of time, death and destruction. Nothing good can be done with that kind of power, even though it can appear as something good for those who don't pay attention.

Kali the first creation before the first light, sounds like satan in our culture.
Often depicted with sabre in one of her four hands, decapitated head in another, next hand is holding tray under the head and the last one is wide open facing the viewer. That doesn't look any good to me.

Wouldn't advice anyone to take help from that kind of "helpful" character.

Seems to me like the open hand is telling, come on I will help, the one with sabre will decapitate me, next one will keep my head to herself, and the one with tray will collect anyting which is dripping of my head.

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Kali is the most misunderstood of the Hindu goddesses. By not understanding it is easy to misinterpret her iconography. In the same way one could say that Christianity is a religion of death and cannibalism in witch the practitioners drink the blood and eat flesh of Jesus.

Kali comes from the Sanskrit word 'Kal' - time.

It is correct to say Kali is a goddess of death, but she brings the death of the Ego and the illusory view of reality.
Kali wears a garland of skulls and a skirt of dismembered arms because the Ego arises out of identification with the body. We are beigns of spirit and not flesh.
The black skin represents the womb from which all of creation arises and into witch all of creation will dissolve.

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I tend to have my own judgement, no matter what religion or ideology it is.
It doesn't mean I do believe in nothing as it is not the case. Just following any "ready to go" religion or ideology is simply a shortcut and I'm against that kinds of shortcuts.
If someone is depicted as Kali I won't consider it good, no matter what the explanations are.
As we all know very well that world is build on deception on all kind of grounds - religious, political, personal, etc.

So in few words I'm against any kind of organised religion including atheism - which I consider religion as well.
God is a being that doesn't want to be seen, if that wasn't the true then we would all see God.
Anyone, either a person, organisation, religion, etc. pretending to be a God's messenger have to be consider as potential con artist.

I'm happy to speak about this kind of subjects under one condition, don't do that if you expect me to change my ideology, as it would be waste of your and mine time. It works both ways, I wouldn't expect anyone to think like I do.

Don't take this statement as a statement against your personal believe or against yourself. It is just my way of dealing with this kind of things. I do think there are good and bad people in every kind of religion.

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm

I didn't take your's statement against me.
I also didn't want to convince you to none of religion or ideology. It was only some informations, maybe not very known...
BTW. It was a pleasure to exchange views with you. :)

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:50 pm

I know you didn't :)

Just I like when some things are clear from beggining, otherwise conversation may go in wrong direction, especially on subjects like religion which can lead to things like you can read on most forums. Just to avoid unpleasant situations.

Why the past tense? Hope I didn't say something that is appalling to you, as it is not my intention.

BTW. I think this language is better to speak on this type of subjects as it lower the chances of you know what...

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:59 pm

I know, that few of subjects especially religion, policy are very sensitive, in particular when we talk the first time. As I said, I didn't mean to reclaim you. :D
I was under the impression, that subject of our conversation is unpleasant for you, so I gave you a possibility to backtrack from discourse :D that's why I used the past tense.

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 pm

When you don't know each other you never know what can one expect talking on this subject.
Don't see a point in making some word fights leading nowhere.
That is why I reacted like I did, I'v had many conversations on this subject over internet and most of them gone bad.

If it comes to exchange informations not trying to "save" someone or getting "saved", like I said - happy to do that.

So we are good then :)

PS. I get that strange feeling you are kind of active, creative person. What is it that you do?

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:27 pm

I get that strange feeling you are kind of active, creative person.
Thank you, it was very nice. I like compliments. :D

But I'm afraid, that is not a truth. I have many of problems like most of people on this forum.
I have days when my activity is compeer zero, then I bring myself to do something.
I lose interest for everything. So, you know, I lose every emotions.
So...all that things are very difficult ...

P.S. Your way of changing a subject is very intelligent. :D

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 pm

I get that too, I can do plenty of things in one month and then I do nothing for quite a time.
My judgement was based on your english language skills, take some time to use it with ease, besides you wrote somewhere on this forum about spending money in art shops, wonder what kind of art you do?

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:13 pm

I paint with dry pastels or watercolors. Every of my animals have their own portraits.
I destroyed every of my painitngs exept them.
As I wrote earlier; in my case when I spend money in art shop is the same situation when I just throw money away. :D

marchewkowy
bywalec

Postby marchewkowy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Wouldn't call it throwing away, it is still practice. I do lot of things which get destroyed in one or other way, always getting some knowledge off that process.
Still, if it is me I would prefer to look at things which were destroyed.

The paintings you keep is animals, what was on the ones you destroyed? Answer only if it is not too personal.

unreal
zaufany użytkownik

Postby unreal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 pm

The first group of paintings, which I destroyed: they were faulty or not good enough ( technique/ composition)
The second: abstract things ( painting like meditation )
The third: things, which I supposed didn't paint - when I looked at them, I just thought " Oh, it's impossible, this is not mine". :D

Return to “english speakers”